Booking, Reservation and Cancellation Policy
At York Conference Center, we understand that plans can change and events may need to be cancelled. In order to ensure a fair and consistent policy for all of our clients, we have established the following booking, reservation, and cancellation policy.
- A rental deposit of 25% of the estimated total for the event is required to secure the date and space for your event.
- This deposit is non-refundable and establishes the client’s commitment to rent the space on the specified date.
- The deposit must be returned with a signed contract in order to consider the event “firm” and secure the date and space.
- In the event of a cancellation, all deposits are retained by York Conference Center.
- The Conference Center must be notified by the client, in writing, of an event cancellation.
- In addition to the non-refundable deposit, a cancellation fee may be applied based on the notice of cancellation as follows:
- 5 weeks to 8 weeks prior to the event: 50% of the estimated total
- 2 weeks to 4 weeks prior to the event: 75% of the estimated total
- Less than 14 days prior to the event: 100% of the estimated total
- The Cancellation Fee covers any expenses incurred by the Conference Center in advance of the cancelled event, such as food, equipment, etc.
We understand that unexpected circumstances may arise, and we will make every effort to work with our clients to minimize any potential losses. However, we strongly encourage all clients to purchase event cancellation insurance to protect against any unforeseen events that may lead to the cancellation of their event.
Please review our cancellation policy carefully and let us know if you have any questions. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to working with you to make your event a success.